Live with Bluegrass Pride
Tune in on Sunday, February 14 for a queer-centered, Valentine's Day beginner-friendly jam-along, hosted by Rachel Eddy and Em Hammond!
Since the pandemic began, and we've been cooped up in our homes all day every day, one of the things we've missed the most is hanging out with friends and nerding out about music. But no more! In this video series, we'll be inviting musicians of all different backgrounds and identities to sit down with us, play us some of their favorite songs, and join us in conversation around their musical process.
Each performance will feature about 30 minutes of music and 15 minutes of conversation/interview. Our goal is to create an experience similar to sitting at your festival campsite with a friend — playing good music and chatting about life, enjoying the wonderful community experience that is bluegrass and old-time music.
We can't do it without you!
We’re suggesting a $25 donation, but feel free to donate more if you’re enjoying the show! All proceeds for each month will be shared evenly between the artists showcasing and Bluegrass Pride, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. These funds will go towards supporting our ongoing, year-round operations, allowing us to continue hosting paid performance opportunities for artists during these uncertain times, while also investing in long-term resources that will benefit both musicians and fans beyond the pandemic (such as the forthcoming Safe Venue Directory), helping to create a safer, more inclusive bluegrass community for all.
See how your monthly gift supports our mission and the work of diverse musicians:
- $125: Sponsor a showcase in full! A monthly gift of $125 covers all of the upfront costs of hosting these showcases, including the guaranteed minimum pay for one musician. By giving at this level, you are ensuring that these events are sustainable for Bluegrass Pride, while also allowing us to increase the paycheck each artist receives!
- $75: Sponsor a musician! A monthly gift at this level sponsors one artist's performance in full, allowing us to provide direct financial support to diverse musicians during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
- $50: Help us keep the lights on! A $50 gift covers our back-of-house costs, including paying for the software that lets us stream these shows to you live.
- $25: Suggested donation for one performance! A monthly gift of $25 shows that you support diversity in American music and the work of Bluegrass Pride.
- $10: Tip the band! A gift at this level shows your support for the musicians we host.
Bluegrass Pride is a Section 501(c)(3) charitable organization, EIN 83-3224672. All donations are deemed tax-deductible absent any limitations on deductibility applicable to a particular taxpayer.